Get an UberEATS driver sign-up bonus up to $1,100 while earning up to $28hr!
UberEATS has arrived! Door Dash, Postmates, and Caviar drivers watch out! UberEats is moving fast and hard to be the top player in the on-demand food delivery industry and drivers like you are joining the UberEATs team at a rapid pace!
UberEATS has exploded with amazing success over the last several years expanding from several cities in North America to well over 25, with a growing international presence in Europe, Australia, Asia, and Africa. Demand is off the charts and Uber’s UberEATS customer base is growing like wildfire which means UberEATS drivers are in high demand which translates into competitive incentives and high earnings for new UberEATS drivers!
Sign up as an UberEats driver and earn up to $28hr, and get a new UberEATS driver sign-up bonus up to $1,100 just for trying! New UberEATS driver sign-up bonus promo codes are on fire in cities like San Francisco, Charlotte, Connecticut, Boston, San Diego, Los Angeles, Arizona, Rode Island, Denver, Dallas, Chicago, Washington, Washington D.C., Baltimore, Orange County, Oakland, Palo Alto, New York, and San Jose just to name a few!
Looking to drive people with Uber instead, and give rides to passengers in your city? Get a new Uber driver sign-up bonus (Uberx drivers only) up to $1,200 when you complete 20-100 rides. Use my exclusive Uber driver promo code link here to get a new Uber driver sign-up bonus now. Hurry promotions may end soon!
Table of Contents
- 1 UberEats Driver Sign-up Bonus Up-to $1,100!
- 2 UberEats Drivers/Delivery Food Partners are in Great Demand
- 3 How UberEats Deliveries Work for Drivers
- 4 Claim Your UberEATS Driver Sign-Up Bonus
- 5 How an UberEATS delivery food orders pick ups & drop offs works for drivers:
- 6 What Cities is UberEats Available for New Food Delivery Driver Partners?
- 7 How to Sign Up to Become an UberEats Driver Delivery Partner
- 8 UberEats Driver Requirements
- 9 UberEats Vehicle Requirements
- 10 UberEATS Incentives, Bonuses, Hourly and Boost Guarantees Earn Drivers Extra Cash
- 11 How UberEATS Food Delivery Drivers Get Paid
- 12 How Much UberEATS Delivery Partner Make?
- 13 Retroactive Uber Referral Invite Code-Missed Uber Driver Sign-Up Bonus
- 14 Can I drive for UberX and UberEATS at the same time?
- 15 What supplies and tools will need to be an UberEATS driver
- 16 UberEATS Driver App/Phone Settings for Optimal Experience & Earnings Potential
- 17 Contact UberEATS: Phone, Email, In-Person Support
- 18 UberEATS Driver Tips & Strategies
- 19 Benefits of being an UberEATS Delivery Driver partner
- 20 My Personal Take and Experience as an UberEATS Food Delivery Driver
- 21 Rideshare & Food Driver Delivery Sign-up Bonus Promo Codes
- 21.1 Doordash Food delivery Driver Sign-up Bonus and Promo Codes
- 21.2 Caviar Food Delivery Driver/Courier Sign-up Bonus and Promo Codes
- 21.3 Postmates Parcel/Food Delivery Driver/Courier Sign-up Bonus and Promo Codes
- 21.4 Uber Driver Sign-up Bonus and Promo Codes
- 21.5 Lyft Driver Sign-up Bonus and Promo Codes
- 21.6 Uber Drivers Get Rewarded for the Driving you Already do Everyday!
UberEats Driver Sign-up Bonus Up-to $1,100!
Don’t pass on the opportunity to earn up to $28hr while grabbing a generous new UberEats driver sign-up bonus up to $1,100. As mentioned Uber is growing their food delivery customer base faster than ever so drivers are in great demand so get your UberEats driver sign-up bonus and earn great money in the process while these great offers are still on the table!
Missed your UberEATS or Uber Bonus? Click here to apply a retroactive referral invite code now!
UberEats Drivers/Delivery Food Partners are in Great Demand
Due to UberEats overwhelming and continuous growth, Uber needs a healthy ongoing supply of UberEats drivers/partners to fill the rapid increase in customer demand. Uber is now offering new UberEats drivers/partners a number of generous incentive earnings that many interested in the food delivery industry may find quite appealing. Uber is determined to be the leader in the on-demand food delivery industry, and because of known aggressive strategies are sure to offer higher incentives and earnings opportunities than their competitions. As an Uberx driver myself, trying out UberEats for the last several weeks, I’m starting to see the earning benefits of delivering food for UberEats. If you’re interested in becoming an UberEats driver/food delivery partner in the on-demand food delivery business use my special UberEats sign-up promo link or promo code s25usqbkue to get started. Many new cities offer an UberEATS sign-up bonus ranging from $100-$1,100 after completing just 25-100 food delivery trips.
- Sign up to drive with my referral link to be eligible for the best new UberEATS driver sign-up bonus and top earnings in your market/city.
- Already an UberEATS driver but didn’t know about a sign-up or sign on bonus? SEE BELOW ON HOW YOU CAN GET A RETROACTIVE UBEREATS OR UBERX NEW DRIVER MISSED BONUS!
Note: UberEATS driver sign-up bonuses are based on promotional periods. Bonus amounts may vary from city to city.
How UberEats Deliveries Work for Drivers
- UberEATS drivers receive UberEats food delivery request from participating restaurants similar to an Uberx driver receiving a rider request on the Uberx platform
- Instead of picking up and dropping off people, UberEats drivers pick up food from local restaurants and deliver the food to local customers
- Drivers can be 19 years old and drive a car that is 1996 or newer
- Pays up to $3-$4 per delivery + $3 per mile, averaging between $16 – $28/hour. Rates and earnings vary by city/market. Additional incentives and bonuses are available.
- There is no tipping option in the customer app, however, you can receive cash tips providing they are unsolicited. I carry change for a 20 in case customers don’t have change when tipping. I also average around $30-$40 extra a week in cash tips
- You can drive for UberEATS and UberX at the same time
Many UberEats drivers I’ve spoken with prefer to deliver food or packages, as opposed to picking up and dropping off people, which they may find less stressful and easier. Not to mention less restrictive age and car requirements.
Claim Your UberEATS Driver Sign-Up Bonus
Missed your UberEATS or Uber Bonus? Click here to apply a retroactive referral invite code now!
How an UberEATS delivery food orders pick ups & drop offs works for drivers:
- Customer chooses the restaurant, menu, and food item in UberEATS customer app then places food order for delivery
- Restaurant receives the customer’s order, then begins to prepare the food
- Restaurant places a UberEATs driver delivery request (restaurants have a special UberEATs order app, and iPad to manage the order/pick/delivery process) indicating the food is almost ready for pick up and delivery
- Uber’s UberEATs software application receives the request from the restaurant then dispatches an UberEATs driver within closest proximity to the restaurant, and sends that driver a food delivery request
- The nearest driver receives food delivery request, accepts the request, then proceeds to drive to the restaurant for pick up
- UberEATS driver then picks up food at restaurant and delivers to the UberEATs customer
How to log into the UberEats App
- First, sign up to be approved in becoming an UberEats delivery driver
- Sign into the app with either a new UberEATS vehicle profile, or into your current Uberx vehicle profile (some current drivers drive for both UberEats and Uberx, and may either log into both accounts separately or have both accounts integrated into one app. My personal account requires me to log in separately as I’m both an UberEats food delivery driver, and Uberx driver.
- After you log in as an UberEats driver, then go online by clicking on the blue slider button in the upper right corner and wait for a request
Many current Uberx drivers, including myself, have added UberEATs delivery to their income options. Its also nice to take a break from the same routine of providing rides to people, and deliver food instead. If you are a current Uberx driver and want to try delivering food instead of people, I recommend you sign up here to be an UberEats driver and give it a go. Also, I highly suggest you sign up using a different, or new email address other than our Uberx email during sign up to avoid merging your Uberx account with UberEATS at the beginning. This way you won’t get both random UberEATS and Uberx request while trying it out. You will be able to change how your accounts are set up at a later time as described below.
Accept and Pick Up UberEats Food Delivery Request
Once you are logged into the UberEats driver app go online wait for a food delivery request:
- Accept UberEats food request when prompted
- Navigate and drive to the restaurant to pick up UberEats food order
- Confirm your UberEATs order with the restaurant owner, cashier or food expediter
- Confirm pick up order # and customers name
- Click ” Next” to begin UberEats food delivery
Deliver UberEats Food Orders to UberEats Customers
After you have confirmed and picked up your UberEATs food delivery order at the local restaurant you’re off to deliver to the UberEATs customer:
Start delivery and navigate to customer drop off location
- Start delivery by sliding “Green Bar” then navigate to customer drop off location
- Arrive at delivery location, confirm order, and drop off UberEats food order to customer
- Choose who received order (ex. customer, spouse, concierge, doorman, etc), drop off and save
- Slide Red Bar to complete UberEats food delivery “Trip Oder.”
- Rate customer, complete rating, then wait for your next UberEats food delivery request
What Cities is UberEats Available for New Food Delivery Driver Partners?
Uber has been aggressively growing and expanding their UberEATS markets since its rebranded launch from UberFRESH to UberEATS in April of 2015, when it expanded the service to include Barcelona Spain, Chicago, and New York City. UberEATS continued to explode rapidly in major cities throughout the second half of 2015 into 2016 and is now currently available in Atlanta, Austin, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Toronto, Washington D.C., and another 30 plus cities throughout the US. Without new UberEATS driver partners to fill the growing demand, Uber success would be greatly limited. To encourage new drivers to join the UberEATS driver partner team, Uber is offering the best incentives and earnings perks in the industry including new UberEATS driver sign up bonuses ranging from $100-$500 to start.
UberEats U.S Cities for Driver Sign Up:
UberEATS is now available for new drivers in over 50 cities in the US.
To get started as an UberEATs food delivery driver partner click on your available city to sign up, then visit a Greenlight Hub for orientation or onboarding support as listed:
UberEATS Driver Phone Support
Contact Mike Dean UberEATS/Uberx Specialist: 1-415-570-4773
How to Sign Up to Become an UberEats Driver Delivery Partner
- Sign up here to be a new UberEATS driver (use a new email if your a current Uberx driver)
- Add your first and last name, email, phone, create a password, choose city and delivery transportation type (car, scooter, or bicycle), and be sure to add promo code michaelg3743 to ensure a signup bonus. Please note if your transportation option is not listed, then Uber does not offer commercial insurance coverage for that transport type.
- Upload the required driver license, insurance, and registration documentation if applicable
- You will also have to upload and submit a photo for your UberEATS driver profile
- Provide your first and last name, city, state, and social security number information then consent and submit to a background check
- Have your vehicle inspected at a local UberEats vehicle inspection center if applicable
- Watch for email/text with instructions on orientation (if applicable) at your local Greenlight Hub Support Center
- You can find a local UberEats/Uber Greenlight Hub Uber Support center by visiting the ones listed
- Pick up an UberEATs delivery bag at your local Greenlight Hub Support Center
The overall process to be approved as an UberEATS driver from signing up may vary but the average time is 3-5 business says including background check
UberEats Driver Requirements
- You must be 19 years of age or older (21 years of age or older in Canada)
- You must have a valid driver’s license, personal auto insurance, and proof of vehicle registration
- Registration may be in another person name providing both parties are on the same insurance
- 1 year of driving experience
- Expect to lift up to 30 pounds
- Pass background check which includes none of the following in the past 7 years:
- DUI or drug-related offenses.
- Driving without insurance, drivers license, or valid registration.
- Fatal accidents or a history of reckless driving.
- Criminal history.
UberEats Vehicle Requirements
- 1996 car/vehicle or newer
- 4 or 2 door car/vehicle, van, or pick up pick truck accepted
- salvage car/vehicles are accepted
- Motorcycle, scooters, and bicycles are accepted in select cities
UberEATS Incentives, Bonuses, Hourly and Boost Guarantees Earn Drivers Extra Cash
In order for UberEATS to compete, grow and thrive in the on-demand food delivery segment, Uber has invested heavily to build their customer base, while sparing no expense in providing value to their delivery driver partners. By doing so Uber has developed some of the most attractive and competitive incentive programs in the industry in order to attract, maintain and ensure top earnings potential for their UberEATS delivery partners. The following is broken down is how UberEATS drivers are earning top pay today compared to startups like DoorDash, Postmates, and Caviar.
- Base earnings: Uber sets a base earnings RATE for each food delivery trip, calculated by BASE TRIP/FARE (ex. $3.00) + PER MILAGE (ex. $3.00) from the time an order is picked up from the restaurant/venue until the food order is dropped off to the UberEATS customer. Ex. John delivers 3 food orders at an average of 2 miles per trip calculated within 1 hour: $3 x 3 = $9 (Base Trip/Fare) + $18 (3 trips x 2 miles=6 Miles x $3 per mile=$18)=$27 Per Hour
- Weekly/Trip Bonuses: Uber offers Trip bonuses on top of the standard earnings pay rates based on a number of delivery trips completed within a specific promotional time period. Ex Complete 18 trips, earn $75 extra. Trip bonus promotions may begin at the start or end or the week and may be available for a set amount of days or throughout the entire week (ex. Monday-Sunday or Friday-Sunday). Trip bonuses are paid out after that particular weeks pay period ending earnings have been calculated. Uber does not apply their commission toward trip bonus promotions so drivers keep the entire amount.
- Hourly Guarantees: Uber offers Hourly Guarantees during certain times and days of the week to help booster supply (drivers) during high demand (customers) peek periods. Ex Monday-Sunday, 11-2pm, 5-9pm $32hr. Hourly Guarantees promotional periods are usually during lunch and dinner time periods. Hourly Guarantee amounts may very day to day based on high or low demand periods, but the overall offer may last throughout the week, Monday thru Sunday.
- Boost Guarantees: Uber offers a Boost Guarantee promotion similar to the Hourly Guarantee promotion during high demand peak periods. Instead of Guarantee hourly amounts, Uber offers a Guaranteed trip rate multiplier. Ex Monday-Sunday, 11-2pm, 5-9pm, 1.5x Base + Milage. Like Guarantee Hours, the Boost Guarantee multiplier will fluctuate and/or every day to day while generally being higher during the projected high demand peek times and days of that specific week.
- Surge: Uber recently announced they are considering adding Surge pricing to UberEATS customer orders when demand (customer orders) exceeds supply (driver availability), similar to surge pricing on the Uberx passenger platform. While Surge pricing is a multiplier earnings factor for Uberx drivers similar to UberEATS driver Boost Guarantees, Boost Guarantees are subsidized by Uber while Surge is a cost pass on and paid by the customer. Surge or Boost, an UberEATS driver will find the extra earnings opportunities an incentive to drive to earn more.
- Referral Bonuses: as a new UberEATS driver you will be provided with a referral code/promotional link that you can share with others. When a friend, family member, or someone in your social network signs up with you special referral code/promotional referral link both you and the other new driver will receive a cash bonus after that new driver completes a required amount of food delivery trips. UberEATS driver sign-up bonus rewards can range from $100-$1,100 depending on the city so be sure to treat the referral program as an opportunity to increase your overall income
- Uber’s Commission: Uber takes out 25% commission from a drivers earnings as an access fee to Uber’s UberEATS or Uberx platform
Note: Weekly Trip Incentives, Hourly and Boost Guarantees, and Sign up bonus amounts may vary based on city, and offers may not necessarily be combined. You can check with your local Uber Greenlight Hub affiliate partner support center for further incentive, or general information about the UberEATS new food delivery driver opportunities in your city.
How UberEATS Food Delivery Drivers Get Paid
The following will guide you through the payout process, how earnings are calculated, how and when you get paid, several payment options including Uber’s Instant Pay service, and how your earnings can be affected by your acceptance ratings:
When do UberEATS drivers get paid
Uber calculates payments on a weekly cycle, which begins at 4:00 am on Monday and goes to 3:59 am the following Monday. This means that any trip taken on Monday after 4:00 am will appear in the following week’s payment statement.
- Monday: Old payment cycle ends and new one begins
- Tuesday: Partner statements are added to your dashboard at patners.uber.com.
- Wednesday: Payments are processed in the evenings
- Thursday: Payments are deposited directly into your bank account (some driver may get paid that Wednesday)
You can also see a rolling payment statement at partners.uber.com. These statements also include your food delivery trip fares.
Uber’s Instant Pay: How to Get your UberEATS Pay Every Day!
Instant Pay provides the flexibility to be paid your current earnings anytime you’d like by the push of a button.
- Qualifying for Instant Pay:
- After 25 trips and two weeks on the road, Uber will send you an email letting you know you’ve unlocked Instant Pay. Currently, Instant Pay isn’t available to Uber driver partners who rent or lease vehicles through Uber’s Xchange program.
- Understanding your options:
- There are 2 ways to cash out using Uber’s Instant Pay program, and you can choose whatever option is right for you:
1. Apply for an Uber Debit Card from GoBank. Gobank (Greendot.com) is a debit card and online banking provider generally for individuals who do not qualify for a traditional bank account (NOT RECOMMENDED)
2. You can Add your personal Visa, MasterCard, or Discover debit card for Instant Pay services which allows you to get paid directly to your own personal bank accounts debit card (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED-I personally use this options to cash out of my UberEATS and Uberx earnings instantly several times a week.)
- There are 2 ways to cash out using Uber’s Instant Pay program, and you can choose whatever option is right for you:
- You’ll find Instant Pay in the “Earnings” section of the Uber partner app by scrolling slightly down and clicking on the Instant Pay tab—or log in to your online dashboard at partners.uber.com. Select TRANSFER NOW to transfer your earnings directly to your debit card account. You can cash out all of your weekly earnings—except for anything you’ve earned from referral bonus rewards, weekly trip bonus incentives, and certain Earnings Boosts promotions. Those earnings will be included in your regular weekly earnings payout.
How to Set Up your Uber Instant Pay Account to get Paid Every Day
- From the Home screen in the Uber Driver App click on the “Earnings” tab, scroll up to “Instant Pay”, then click
- Choose the “Add Your Debit Card” option, then click on “Add Card.” Please note the “Gobank” Debit Card option is designed for drivers who do not have a traditional bank account. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you DO NOT use “Gobank” for banking in general as they are only an online banking institution, and have also logged many complaints with multiple consumer reporting agencies.
- Enter your first and last name, debit card number, expiration day and year, and SAVE
- Select debit card you wish to use to cash out
- To cash out simply return to the Instant Pay tab, and click on the green “Transfer Now” button. Funds should be deposited into your bank account and ready for use with 5 minutes to several hours depending on your bank
How are earnings calculated for UberEATS
- Uber calculates payments on a weekly cycle, which begins at 4:00 am on Monday and goes to 3:59 am the following Monday. This means that any trip took on Monday after 4:00 am will appear in the following week’s payment statement.
- regular delivery earnings along with Boost incentives or Surge are calculated per trip and totaled for the day and week as displayed in the earnings tab in the driver app. All other incentives such as cash bonuses and/or Hourly guarantees (if applicable) are calculated and then added in your week ending statement prior to payout.
How Acceptance Rates Can Effect Your UberEATS Earnings
In order get the most out of your earnings potential it’s important to pay close attention when it comes to UberEATS incentive offers. Uber offers new and current UberEATS drivers incentives; Trip Bonuses, Hourly or Boost Guarantees to encourage drivers to hit the road, and meet the growing market of UberEATS customer demand. Uber may require UberEATS drivers to meet several criteria in order to qualify for these UberEATS incentives offers. The most important one to look out for is the “Acceptance” rate criteria which require UberEATS drivers to accept 75% of all incoming food delivery request to qualify for most incentive offers such as “Weekly Trip Bonuses” or “Hourly Guarantee” offer if, or when applicable. Additional requirements may include being online for a minimum amount of hours (ex. min 2hrs online from 5-9pm) during a specific time period and/or accepting a minimum amount of trips (ex. 1 trip min from 5-9pm) during a specific time period. Drivers who fail to adhere to the acceptance rate, minimum trip or minimum online time requirements run the risk of losing out on additional earnings potential that could effect their bottom line, and significantly reduce their overall weekly UberEATS earnings payout. For example, Uber may offer an “Hourly Guarantee” incentive of $25 hourly during certain peak time periods 11am-2pm & 5-9pm, Monday-Sunday. In order for an UberEATS driver to qualify for these incentives during those daily specific time periods, a driver must maintain an acceptance rate of 75% or greater and may be required to be online a minimum of 2 hours during the 5-9pm time period. It’s also important to note that Uber sets the incentive offers, and requirements based on market needs, city by city. Thus, there will never be one formula, or strategy for that matter, that applies to all cities and markets as a whole. Knowledge=Earnings. The more you know, the more you earn.
How Much UberEATS Delivery Partner Make?
Anyone who would tell you exactly how much you can earn as an UberEATS food delivery driver is either lying or hasn’t the slightest clue what they’re talking about. This goes for Uberx earnings as well. There are just too many factors involved to attempt to provide a close to accurate estimation across the board. Given the fact that UberEATS rates vary by city, new and current driver promotions and incentives fluctuate, and every driver sets his or her own schedule, trying to calculate a reasonable earnings scale is highly improbable. Cost of living and new market entries may also be additional factors that affect rates and/or earnings for drivers within a given city or market. But as previously mentioned, and based on communicating with drivers via social media in multiple cities in the US my best approximation is that UberEATS food delivery drivers can earn on a national average $2-$4 per delivery + $1.50-$3 per mile, with a net average after Uber’s commission of $16 – $28/hour.Even rate structure may vary as well. Again, please take my own personal experience with a grain of salt as it most likely won’t apply to your own. However, the following key factors should be considered if you desire to maximize your overall earnings. By being informed, knowledgeable of the UberEATS platform, paying close attention to incentives, creating a general strategy, and ensuring you qualify for all the offers and promotions that UberEATS have available, you are on track to get the most earnings out of your UberEATS driver food delivery experience.
- Part or Full Time: one of the advantages of being an UberEATS food delivery driver partner is flexibility. You can set your own schedule based on personal needs, and basically drive when you want, and where you want within your given market. However, it’s important to note Uber may have specific peak time periods where incentives or additional money making opportunities can be higher. Uber will generally set incentives at times when demand is greatest giving you the option to earn the most during those time periods. Paying close attention promotional notifications and schedules in the UberEATS driver partner app, and how you strategize these time periods can help you maintain high average hourly earnings. I currently drive part-time as an UberEATS delivery partner. As you can see by one of my weekly statements I earned $439.21 for 14hrs, 28 minutes in one week after giving 38 UberEATS food delivery trips. That gave me just around $31 net after Uber’s cut. All my trips where during peak time Boost incentive/promotional periods between 5-9pm allowing me to maximize my income while reducing time on the road. While it may seem obvious that the more you drive, the more you earn, it’s possible that your overall hourly may decrease driving more hours. When you average your high earnings incentive periods with the standard rate periods your overall hourly can be less compared to just driving during high earning incentive periods. Understanding this concept can help you get a better understanding of the earnings ecosystem, and creating a strategy that can allow you to earn more while driving less.
- Hourly Earnings: as mentioned above having a good understanding of UberEATS incentives and promotions can help you increase your overall earnings. Time is money, so focusing on how you as an UberEATS driver can reduce time on the road while exploiting the incentives and promotions can increase your income significantly. Driving aimlessly, anytime and excepting every food delivery trip request with no strategy at all will surely earn you less. Pay attention, take notes, calculate earnings on an hourly basis, review your daily and weekly statements, and make day to day and week to week comparisons. These fundamental assessments while improving your experience and earnings as an UberEATS driver. This concept also applies to Uberx/rideshare drivers as well.
- Boost Advantage: Boost guarantees is the gravy when it comes to making more money. Knowing when and where Boost is offered will give you a roadmap to increased earning potential. Uber makes it very clear what are the highest earnings areas and time periods for a driver to drive because those periods and areas are in great demand.
- Hourly Advantage: like Boost Guarantees, Hourly Guarantees is another UberEATS incentive offer to help increase an UberEATS drivers earnings and to put the icing on the cake. Paying close attention to Uber’s promotional Hourly Guarantee schedule will help you maximize your earnings potential. Hourly Guarantees are usually offered during high peak time demand periods, such as lunch 11am-2pm, dinner time 5-9pm, Friday all night, and most of the day over the weekends. Hourly Guarantees can vary city to city and can range from $16-$32 depending on city/market. Watch out for UberEATS schedules and incentive time periods, and create a strategy that will help you get the most money for your time invested.
- Referral Rewards: perhaps one of the most overlooked forms of earning potential for any driver in the on-demand food delivery or rideshare industry is the Referral Reward Programs. Most drivers/partners focus most, if not all, of their time and energy into driving for fares which is seemingly the obvious thing to do. However, Uber has set aside hundreds of millions of dollars in marketing expenditure to pay you as a driver/partner to refer your friends, family, and associates. And, the referral rewards they pay are quite substantial. Referral bonuses can range from $100-$750 per new driver you refer to UberEATS. This is huge and presents a great opportunity for you to really increase your income without any limits. Be sure to share your UberEATS promo link and/or promo code with your social networks, friends, and family. Even starting a blog or Youtube channel can be a great way to share your referral codes to increase income.
Note: the information provided above is based on earnings generated in the San Francisco market, and does not necessarily reflect earning potential in your specific markets and/or city. Incentives; weekly trip bonuses, Hourly and/or Boost Guarantee offers may vary by city/market based on promotions set by Uber in those areas.
Retroactive Uber Referral Invite Code-Missed Uber Driver Sign-Up Bonus
If you recently signed up for UberEATS or Uberx within the last several weeks and did not know about the new Uber driver sign up bonus offer you may still qualify for a new driver sign up bonus in your city. Uber will allow a new driver to apply for a “Retroactive” or “Missed” Uber Referral Invite Code for a new driver sign up bonus if a claim is filed within 15 days of being approved as a new driver. To receive your retro Uber driver sign up bonus see my exclusive article on How to get a Retroactive Referral Invite Code-Missed Uber sign-up Bonus. It takes only 3 minutes to get started now!
New UberEATS Driver Hotline: 1-415-570-4773
Can I drive for UberX and UberEATS at the same time?
In most markets, you can drive for both UberEATS and Uberx at the same time. Uber is now encouraging Uberx drivers to “opt-in” to UberEATS via the Uberx app, and receive both Uberx passenger request and UberEATS food order request by integrating both platforms into one. If you “opt-in” to UberEATS as an Uberx driver you will not qualify for any sign up bonuses available for new UberEATS drivers. If you sign up as a new UberEATS driver separately with a different email address, you will qualify for a sign up bonus. Be sure to use this sign up link, and a new email address (NOT your Uberx email), when signing up as a new UberEATS driver. Signing up with another email address will generate a separate UberEATS account which will ensure you will receive a new UberEATS sign up bonus which ranges from $100-$500 depending on the promotion in your city/market. Additionally, you can also start off as an UberEATS driver, then sign up to drive Uberx providing you meet all Uberx requirements. Below I break down the 3 methods of setting up a new UberEATS account as a current Uberx driver. Each set up has its own incentive and/or promotional structure which can affect your potential earnings so it’s important you get an understanding of how they work. I highly recommend you sign up “first” using the “Separate Platform” option (new email address), then updating your account to fit your needs.
Cross Dispatch Dual Platform Switching (my personal set up) or Cross Dispatch Integrated Platform can be beneficial as an Uberx driver who is trying to reach “Power Driver Rewards” Weekly Trip incentive/bonus goals as Uber will allow for UberEATS delivery trips to count toward Uberx weekly cash bonus rides.
However,“Cross Dispatching”, food delivery trip, and passenger ride set up may vary by city and/or market and will require Uber to enable these platform configurations if applicable. Be sure to visit an Uber Greenlight Hub driver support center or email Uber to get more information. I also provide a step-by-step walkthrough on what the setup process should look like below.
3 Methods of Setting Up an UberEATS Account as a Current Uberx Driver:
- Cross Dispatch Dual Platform Switching: the Cross Dispatch Dual Platform Switching (RECOMMENDED) set up will allow Uberx drivers to choose which platform (Uberx or UberEATS Delivery) they will use at any given time by switching platforms under account settings. A driver will not receive a random request from either platform but will have the option to Switch platforms in the Uber driver partner app under the Account tab, then change platforms by clicking on vehicle type, and choosing either Uberx or UberEATS (Delivery) vehicle type. I find this set up to be the most beneficial of all 3 for maximum efficiency, convenience, and earnings potential
- drivers will not receive randomly mixed Uberx or UberEATS (Delivery) request
- drivers can choose to drive Uberx or UberEATS (Delivery) anytime by simply changing vehicle set up via Uber partner app in the account tab
- UberEATS food delivery trips count toward any Uberx weekly “Power Driver Rewards” trip bonus incentives. Ex. Uberx weekly Power Driver Rewards (PDR) incentive bonuses may require 65 rides for a $225 bonus. Any UberEATS delivery trips taken during that week will apply toward the Uberx 65 required rides, thus paying you the Uberx bonus while only taking UberEATS request
- Uberx Boost incentive periods or surge will apply toward UberEATS trips when the UberEATS trips occur during incentive periods. Ex. Let’s say you missed an UberEATS Boost incentive Guarantee period from 5-9pm but noticed there is a Guarantee Boost on Uberx from 10pm-2am. Any UberEATS food delivery trips you complete during that 10pm-2am Uberx period, and within that Boost zone, will apply toward your UberEATS food delivery fares. The same applies to surge pricing when excepting UberEATS food delivery request in surge areas
- UberEATS delivery trips completed during any Uberx and UberEATS Boost Guarantee periods will pay out on the higher Boost Guarantee multiplier. Ex. let’s say you complete an UberEATS delivery trip while its Boosting 1.5x on UberEATS, but at the same time Boosting 2x on Uberx. Your payout for that food delivery trip will default to the higher trip multiplier at 2x
- UberEATS acts an income back-up. In the event your suspended or temperately deactivated on Uberx, it generally would not apply to your UberEATS account unless its expired document related. This will enable you to quickly and efficiently switch over to your UberEATS platform, thus maintain income opportunity while resolving any discrepancies on the Uberx platform
- If you created an UberEATS Separate Platform account you can keep that account open even when you have Uber set up UberEATS/Delivery in your current Uberx account for Cross Dispatch Integrated Platform use or Cross Dispatch Dual Platform Switching
- When you sign up for UberEATS using a different email account and password and set up your Uberx account to Cross Dispatch Platform Switching – when in the UberEATS mode you will not be able to see your UberEATS User Interface or UberEATS incentive bonus schedule but all EATS/Delivery request and incentives will still apply. Ex. 11-2pm and 5-9pm with Boost period schedules will not display under your “Promotions” tab. However, you can simply log out of Uberx, then into your UberEATS account from time to time to see what your weekly Boost schedule is and take a screenshot as a reference. As mentioned Uber will set up and add UberEATS delivery to your current Uberx account for Cross Dispatch Duel Switching capability, and allow you to keep your UberEATS account you sign up with separately. Ex. my Uberx account has both Uberx and UberEATS Cross Dispatch Dual Switching capability, and I still have access to my UberEATS account I created when I signed up using a new email and password account for UberEATS
- Separate UberEATS Platform: the Separate UberEATS Platform set up will require you to sign into Uberx and UberEATS separately with separate platforms profiles. Ex. you would sign out of one platform (UberEATS), then use a different profile login email and password, sign into the same app to log in to the Uberx platform. A completely separate account is created when the new UberEATS driver signs up using a different email address, and password that is not the same as their Uberx email and password. As an Uberx driver signing up for UberEATS I highly recommend initiating this process, then heading into an Uber Greenlight Hub to have Uber set up your account to the Cross Dispatch Duel Switching Option as illustrated in Method (1) above.
- Signing up separately for UberEATS will enable you to take advantage of the sign up bonus for new UberEATS drivers
- Starting a new separate UberEATS account will generate you another promotional code/link making it easier to sign up new UberEATS drivers/partners. This includes tracking your new UberEATS driver invites under your dashboard
- a separate UberEATS account can make managing both Uberx and UberEATS accounts easier
- You can still maintain your separate UberEATS account, even after Uber adds an UberEATS vehicle delivery type option under your Uberx account
- You can keep your new separate UberEATS account even when you have Uber set up UberEATS/Delivery in your current Uberx account for Cross Dispatch Dual Platform Switching
- You must sign out of one account, then into another to use either the Uberx or UberEATS platform
- UberEATS delivery trips completed will not count toward any Uberx “Power Driver Rewards” or weekly ride bonus incentives
- Boost Guarantees will only apply to the UberEATS Boost Guarantee incentive periods/schedules. You will not receive any Uberx Boost Guarantee incentives while on UberEATS deliveries like you can under the Cross Dispatch Dual Platform Switching set up
- Cross Dispatch Integrated Platform: this Cross Dispatch set up will allow Uberx drivers to receive both Uberx, and UberEATS request randomly. You will not be able to choose which request you will receive at any given time. This could lead to frustration for drivers who prefer to have more control over their platform of choice, and the type of request they receive. Full integration Cross Dispatch set up usually occurs when a current Uberx driver “opts-in” to drive for UberEATS either via the Uberx partner app or via email sent by Uber encouraging a driver to add UberEATS as an additional platform option. Many drivers I’ve spoken with do not prefer this particular platform set up and have requested Uber to remove them from accepting UberEATS completely or to set their accounts up with Cross Dispatch Duel Platform Switching.
- UberEATS acts an income back-up. In the event your suspended or temperately deactivated on Uberx, it should not apply to your UberEATS account unless its expired document related. This will enable you to quickly and efficiently switch over to your UberEATS platform, thus maintain income opportunity while resolving any discrepancies on the Uberx platform
- If you created an UberEATS Separate Platform account you can keep that account open even when you have Uber set up UberEATS/Delivery in your current Uberx account for Cross Dispatch Integrated Platform use or Cross Dispatch Duel Platform Switching
- A driver will receive randomly mixed Uberx or UberEATS (Delivery) request
- A driver will not be able to choose the option to drive Uberx or UberEATS (Delivery) at any time nor will that option be available in the Uber partner app in the account tab
- If you opted-in to UberEATS as a pre-existing Uberx driver, you bypassed the opportunity to sign up with UberEATS separately forfeiting a new UberEATS driver sign up bonus
- If you opted-in to UberEATS as a pre-existing Uberx driver, you won’t have a dedicated sign up promo code/link to sign up new UberEATS drivers, thus taking advantage of an additional sign up bonus incentive
Uber will set up Cross Dispatch Dual Platform Switching, or a Cross Dispatch Integrated Platform for you so be sure to visit an Uber Greenlight Hub driver support center or email Uber to get more information.
Note: its important to remember the vehicle and driver requirements for both UberEATS and Uberx are different. If you are a current Uberx driver you would most likely qualify to be an UberEATS driver, but if you are an UberEATS driver who wants to drive for Uberx you must meet the Uberx driver and vehicle requirements to be approved. Either way, all new UberEATS drivers must go through a driver background check, and vehicle inspection process even if your a current Uberx driver partner.
What supplies and tools will need to be an UberEATS driver
- The car of course ( bicycles also allowed in all UberEATS cities)
- A smartphone
- Charging cable
- Phone mount
- UberEATS app
- Google Maps or Waze for accurate and efficient navigation (I find Uber’s in-app GPS
- Insulated delivery bag for cold/hot food ( I keep 2 type bags in my trunk. A flat pizza insulator bag for pizza, and a square shaped one for boxed type food orders). Uber will mail you a bag or you can pick one up at a local Greenlight Hub driver support center
UberEATS Driver App/Phone Settings for Optimal Experience & Earnings Potential
My first few days as an UberEATS driver I lost over $60 is additional hourly guarantee incentives in just an 8 hour time period due to my acceptance rate being under the 75% qualifying threshold. It took me several says to realize that I was missing incoming food delivery orders while on deliveries because I couldn’t see or hear those food delivery request running in the background. Having your phone and UberEATS app settings set up correctly can be the difference between qualifying for incentives, bonuses or hourly guarantees, or losing out on them like I did due to missed request and/or low acceptance rating. I hope the following suggestions will support you in maintaining a high acceptance rating and keeping your earnings potential at its greatest.
- Notifications Settings: setting up your phones UberEATS-Uber Driver App “Notification” properly will ensure that you see “all” your UberEATS incoming food delivery request, thus preventing you from missing food orders, and keeping your acceptance rating as its highest. An incoming request will show in your phones top banner notification/status bar if the UberEATS app is running in the background. Some incentives/promotions require a 75% acceptance rate to qualify so it’s important to have your notification settings correct not to miss any request.
- Wi-Fi Settings: regardless of what on-demand food delivery or rideshare app your using, enabling Wi-Fi in your phone’s settings will help to improve your connectivity to that platforms network preventing disconnections or signal disruptions.
- Sounds/Volume Settings: making sure your phones volume switch is on, and set at its highest sound level will allow you to hear incoming food delivery request in addition to seeing them in the UberEATS app. The more of your senses tuned into incoming food order request, the least likely you are to miss them. It’s also a good idea to double check the phone volume while in the UberEATS app itself.
- Bluetooth Headset & Car Audio: wearing a Bluetooth headset for UberEATS food delivery pick up and drop off is completely unnecessary. Unlike providing Uberx rides to people, burritos and pizza won’t be disturbed by the audio sound of your GPS maps turn by turn directions. Also, I discovered the hard way that using a Bluetooth headset or phone connection to my car audio prevented me from hearing incoming UberEATS request which affected my acceptance rating, thus I lost incentive bonus opportunities. Never again!
Contact UberEATS: Phone, Email, In-Person Support
Getting in touch with Uber can be a task on its own so I’ve provided several methods to help you contact them if you have any questions regarding your account:
- UberEATS Food Delivery Partner Support Phone: 1-800-451-6884. NOTE: UberEATS driver partner contact phone support is only for active UberEATS delivery driver partners who are on food delivery trips only.
- Contact Uber in person by visiting a Uber Greenlight Hub driver/partner support center in the list provided at the beginning of this article or via the UberEATS driver partner app: from the “Home” screen go to>Account>Help>5 Start Partner Guide>Uber Greenlight Location
- Contact Uber via email for UberEATS related inquiries from a mobile or desktop browser
- Contact Uber via UberEATS In-App Support: from the Uber Partner App Home screen click on>ACCOUNTS (lower right)>HELP>ACCOUNTS>I have another question, then enter your question and submit. Please note Uber will reply both In-App (Help>Support Messages), and to your email address associated with your UberEATS driver/partner account.
UberEATS Driver Tips & Strategies
- Be sure to have your phone with your at all times. When picking up food at a restaurant, bring your phone and be sure to match the order number in you EATS app with the right bag
- Make sure your phone is always charged to full capacity and charging while on trips or in your car
- Having a portable charger can be beneficial to ensure your phone is charged at all times when outside your vehicle
- Be sure to keep your insulated bag in your car and bring it with you all times to keep food fresh, warm or chilled as possible
- If your an UberEATS delivery bike or scooter courier make sure you are wearing protective equipment like a helmet, gloves or even biking pants at all times.
- Be sure to handle food orders as careful as possible keeping food upright and secure
- Check all food order instructions carefully for both the restaurant and customer to ensure all deliveries go smoothly
- Accept all UberEATS delivery food request to avoid low acceptance rates which can greatly affect your earnings by disqualifying you for certain incentives like hourly or boost guarantees and weekly cash bonuses!
- Dress attire up is casual but remember your appearance, attitude, and professionalism can boost your ratings, and increase your chances of receiving cash tips!
- Maintain a high UberEATS order acceptance rate, cancellation rate, and high ratings to remain in good standing on the UberEATS platform
- Carry quarters for parking meters to avoid double parking, red or blue zones when picking up or dropping off orders
- Develop a mental strategy or take notes for certain areas that night require parking especially picking up in commercial districts. I’ve identified certain area’s where I might need to park several blocks away due to commercial zonings. Be patient when developing your strategy and city parking knowledge base. After several runs in the same area, you will be able to know the best areas to park.
- Sometimes I’ll try to call the restaurant and ask them to hand off the food to me while waiting directly in front of the restaurant location while remaining in my car.
- Be careful when double parking with flashers on. If I need to double park I put on my turning single to indicate I’m waiting for a parking spot instead. Some cities like San Francisco don’t allow for double parking anywhere in the city which can lead to a ticket.
UberEATS Q & A
Benefits of being an UberEATS Delivery Driver partner
- You only have to be 19 yrs age or older for UberEATS. You have to be 21 yrs or older as an UberX driver partner
- UberEATS car requirements are more lenient, and just about any car 1996 or newer will qualify including cars with a salvage title
- In some cities using a bicycle can be practical, cheaper than vehicle ownership cost, and provide a healthy method to burn while you earn
- Many drivers use a scooter for delivery as gas cost are lower, parking is easier, and managing traffic conditions is more flexible. However, Uber does promote scooters due to liability, as UberEATS drivers are not covered under Uber’s commercial insurance policy
- Delivering food can be a lot more paced and relaxed compared to driving passengers
- Higher earnings for UberEATS driver partners vs Competition: Uber has more investment capital compared to their on-demand food delivery competitors allowing them to offer UberEATS driver partners higher incentives and bonuses, thus more income for UberEATS drivers
- Uber is offering generous signup bonuses for current UberEATS driver partners when they refer and introduce new drivers to UberEATS. Taking advantage of sign up bonuses can increase your income up to 20-30% depending on your hustle. Referral bonus rewards for current drivers range from $250-$750 depending on city
My Personal Take and Experience as an UberEATS Food Delivery Driver
I have been a rideshare driver (Sidecar, Uber, and Lyft) for the last 6 years going on 7. As previously mentioned I’m the first official rideshare driver ever, but this year (2016) was the first time I’ve delved into the on-demand food delivery industry as a driver by teaming up with UberEATS, DoorDash, Postmates, and Caviar so I can continue to assess, test and review each one so I can provide you with an in-depth comprehensive analysis of each one’s overall value. In regards to UberEATS I have to admit I’m surprised to find more earnings value then I anticipated. Coming from a rideshare platform I expected to earn substantially less than delivering food. Right now I’m earning between $26-$30 hourly on average minimum after Uber’s 25% commission. I’m only working 4 hours per day, 20-25 a week, during peak time hours 5-9pm with some weekends mixed in. The most important thing I learned about my experience as a food delivery driver is you have to give it time to work for you. Understanding platforms system, promotions, incentives, and formulating a strategy is the best approach. If you’re driving blindly with no strategy or understanding of your market, and the UberEATS platform, you will surely be discouraged and lose the opportunity to get the most earning value. Do your homework, research, read, talk with other drivers, identify and watch top rideshare/food delivery and sharing economy YouTubers or bloggers, and you will be one step ahead of the rest. And, I highly suggest you join Facebook groups for food delivery couriers for tips, Q & A’s, strategies and support. You can begin by joining UberEATS Drivers/Couriers Nationwide.
Having multiple platforms at your disposal will help you in diversifying, securing and increasing your income while allowing you to explore the many options available to you in the on-demand Rideshare and/or food delivery industry. It doesn’t hurt to know whats out there. Different platforms may have different incentives at different times. knowing where, when, and who to work for at all giving times can support you in creating a strategy to maximize your income.
I learned this strategy years ago when I started driving as the first rideshare driver in the industry in 2011, for the first rideshare start-up, Sidecar. I soon joined Uber and Lyft as all 3 were engaged in vicious competition while trying to outdo each other by constantly throwing incentives, bonuses, and hourly guarantees at the drivers to either keep them on their own platform or lure them away from the other. Being vetted on all 3, and prepared allowed me to take advantage of the highest earning opportunities when the timing was right. That strategy continues today as I have also incorporated on-demand food delivery platforms; Doordash, UberEATs, Postmates, and Caviar into my portfolio of income stream opportunities.
Doordash Food delivery Driver Sign-up Bonus and Promo Codes
Caviar Food Delivery Driver/Courier Sign-up Bonus and Promo Codes
Caviar is located in 15 major cities including San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, and Boston just to name a few. Hourly earnings are up to $30hr during peak times. New driver signup bonuses range from $100-$350 depending on the city. Sign up as a Caviar driver/courier today! Be sure to use my email as your referral bonus PROMO CODE: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postmates Parcel/Food Delivery Driver/Courier Sign-up Bonus and Promo Codes
Postmates has grown to over 35 major cities in the US providing both courier related parcel delivery and on-demand food delivery services. Drivers/couriers are in great demand and well compensated for their services earnings up to $25hr. New Postmates driver/couriers sign up bonuses range from $100-$750 depending on the city. Sign up to be a Postmates driver/courier today!
Uber Driver Sign-up Bonus and Promo Codes
Uber driver sign up bonus from $100-$1000 depending on the city. Driver for Uber, part or full time, anytime, on your time. Earn up to $35hr. Get paid every day with Uber’s Instant Pay! No Car, No Problem! Check out Uber’s Rent/Lease programs! Most drivers qualify! To sign up and get more details on how to get started as an Uber driver click here now!
Lyft Driver Sign-up Bonus and Promo Codes
Sign up for Lyft today and get a new Lyft driver sign-up bonus ranging from $100-$1000 in select cities after completing the required rides. Most drivers these days drive for both Uber and Lyft keeping their options open while securing a backup income stream. Sign up with Lyft, and get started driving today!
Uber Drivers Get Rewarded for the Driving you Already do Everyday!
Drive: hop in your car and simply drive to start earning points
- Redeem: take those points and redeem for gift cards to your favorite retailers like Amazon, Nike, and Target
- Bonus: get additional bonus points for sharing with friends, joining challenges, and even for verifying an accident
- Simply download for IOS or Android the app, drive, and get paid!